A boudoir experience is all about getting pampered, feeling empowered, and seeing yourself in a whole new light! It’s exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time. But I am here to put those nerves at ease. I have you covered, and I will be there from the time you first contact me, to when you pickup those amazing products!
To help ease some of the nerves of getting ready for that amazing experience I have put together a quick checklist for your boudoir bag and an overview of how to prepare for your session.
I’ve been there, outfits can be hard to narrow down! So bring your favs and allow me to narrow them down based on what will photograph best.
This is an area where less is truly more. Simple jewelry, knee-high socks, oversized sweaters, button-down shirt, veil, robe, + any additional accessories you may like will all make for great accessories! Don't have any accessories, I have a client closet including many accessories and body jewelry items.
Moisturizing is always a great idea! Bring your favorite lotion to feel amazing in your skin.
If you’re anything like me, getting hangry is a real thing. So while you’re being pampered with hair and makeup, bring a granola bar or some fruit to snack on. I provide bottled water to all my clients.
1. Begin dreaming about your ideal boudoir outfits.
Shop your closet for your favorite pieces you already own and look at magazines and brands you love for inspiration.
2. Go shopping!
Ask a girlfriend to join you and help you find pieces you not only look good in, but feel good in! Think outside the box and don’t be afraid to try something that’s a little out of your comfort zone. You never know, you could love a new piece! I highly recommend checking out Underneath It All in Camp Hill, PA. They offer Boudoir fittings where you can try on lingerie and they will help you find the best fit for your body.
3. Choose 3-5 Outfits
Begin to narrow down your outfit choices to 3-5 favorite outfits. Don't fret if you only have 1 or 2 outfits, we do have a fully stocked client closet of items available to all our amazing clients!
4. Think Beyond the Shoot
Think about how you want to preserve your photos. An album and prints are my favorite way to show off my boudoir photos!
1. Wax/shave and moisturize.
2. Avoid spray tans or tanning lotions. No matter how natural tanning sprays and lotions may seem, they create an orange glow that cannot be retouched after your session.
3. Drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin.
4. Remove all price and sizing tags from lingerie. Even the permanent ones.
5. Choose your final outfits you plan to bring with you.
1. Get a fresh manicure! Avoid bright colors, neutrals are best.
2. Avoid alcohol and drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin!
3. Moisturize your skin.
4. Pack your boudoir bag the night before to ensure the essentials aren’t forgotten.
5. Double check your list, relax, and get excited to be pampered!
1. Arrive with a clean, moisturized face and clean dry hair. My amazing MUA will pamper you with hair and makeup.
2. Moisturize your entire body!
3. Wear loose fitting clothing and undergarments to avoid impressions on the skin. (Set them tata's free ladies!)
4. Eat a light meal that will ensure you’re satisfied but not bloated.
5. Allow plenty of time to arrive a few minutes early. You’ll feel at ease and ready to slay your boudoir session!
Ready to feel sexy at your own boudoir experience?
Reach out to my Luxurious Fairfield, PA Boudoir Studio and schedule a FREE consult call.
Not quite ready to book but want to see how awesome an Chrissy Smith Boudoir Experience can be? Be sure to Join our Ladies Only VIP FB Group!